create a website for free






BRUNIA WINE LIST

Showing entries (filtered from total entries)
BRUNIA PINOT NOIR



2017 Pinot Noir

Source of Grapes:
Grapes for 2017 Pinot Noir, were sourced from single vineyard parcel of sustainably farmed 9 year old vines grown on quartz based soils which contain limestone. The vineyard is situated in the cool climate region of Sondagskloof on the south coast of South Africa.

This parcel gives a taut, mineral expression of Pinot Noir with a bright acidity, which lends tension and ageability to the wines.

Date of Harvest:
Grapes were harvested on the 7th February 2017.

Winemaking:
Grapes were picked in the early hours to ensure favourable temperatures. The grapes were processed to open top fermenters, 30% whole bunch was employed for perfume and structure, while the remaining 70% was destemmed on top.

Minimal SO2 is added at crush as to encourage natural fermentation from the indigenous yeast. No further additions are made. The must is initially pumped over for homogenization, thereafter punch downs are employed 1 – 2 times per day for extraction. Maceration generally last 14 days, after which the wines are pressed to barrel for natural malolactic fermentation.

The wine is racked and sulphured in late winter and then put back to barrel for maturation until bottling.
Wines are bottled unfined and unfiltered.

Maturation:
Aged for 10 months in French Oak 228L barrels. No new oak.
Awards & Accolades:
90/100 Tim Atkin

Brunia Pinot Noir Technical Specifications

YEAR 2017
Varietals:100% Pinot Noir
Bottling Date:15th December 2017
Wine of Origin:Sondagskloof
Technical Details at Bottling:
Alcohol13.5%
RS2.0g/l
TA5.4g/l
pH3.57
Showing entries (filtered from total entries)
BRUNIA WINES

2018 Brunia Sémillon

Source of Grapes:
Grapes for 2018, were sourced from single vineyard parcel of sustainably farmed 11 year old vines grown on granitic soils.
The vineyard is situated in the cool climate region of Sondagskloof on the south coast of South Africa. This parcel gives a bright, mineral expression of Semillon with a coated acidity.

Date of Harvest:
Grapes were harvested on the 22nd February 2018

Winemaking:
Whole bunch pressing was employed, and the must was settled overnight. Minimal sulphur is added at crush as to encourage natural fermentation from the indigenous yeast.

No further additions are made. At the first sign of fermentation the juice is racked to neutral barrels where it will complete fermentation. Fermentation generally lasts 14 – 18 days after which the barrels are topped up, natural malolactic fermentation is encouraged. Once stable, the wines are topped regularly and aged on the fermentation lees for a further 10 months.
The wine is racked and sulphured in November and then put back to barrel for maturation until bottling. Wines are bottled unfiltered.

Maturation:
Aged for 12 months in French Oak 228L barrels. No new oak.

Awards & Accolades:
92/100 Tim Atkin

Brunia Sémillon Technical Specifications

YEAR 2018
Varietals:100% Semillon
Bottling Date:7th January 2019
Wine of Origin:Sondagskloof
Technical Details at Bottling:
Alcohol13.5%
RS1.9g/l
TA6.5g/l
pH3.16
Showing entries (filtered from total entries)
2018 BRUNIA SYRAH - BRUNIA WINES

2018 Brunia Syrah

Source of Grapes:
Grapes for the 2018 Syrah, were sourced from single vineyard parcel of sustainably farmed 12 year old vines grown on granitic soils. The vineyard is situated in the cool climate region of Sondagskloof on the south coast of South Africa. This parcel gives a classic expression of Syrah, with typical pepper and clove aromas. This is a very textured wine with fresh tannins and great length.

Date of Harvest:
Grapes were harvested on the 14th March 2018

Winemaking:
The grapes were processed to open top fermenters, 40% whole bunch was employed for perfume and structure, while the remaining 60% was destemmed on top. Minimal sulphur is added at crush as to encourage natural fermentation from the indigenous yeast. No further additions are made. The must is initially pumped over for homogenization, thereafter punch downs are employed 1 – 2 times per day for extraction. Maceration generally last 21 days, after which the wines are pressed to barrel for natural malolactic fermentation. The wine is racked and sulphured in late winter and then put back to barrel for maturation until bottling.
Wines are bottled unfiltered.

Maturation:
Aged for 10 months in French Oak 228L barrels. No new oak.

Awards & Accolades:
90/100 Tim Atkin.

Brunia Syrah Technical Specifications

YEAR 2018
Varietals:100% Syrah
Bottling Date:7th January 2019
Wine of Origin:Sondagskloof
Technical Details at Bottling:
Alcohol14.0%
RS1.8g/l
TA5.5g/l
pH3.45
Showing entries (filtered from total entries)
BRUNIA WINES - WHITE BOUQUET

2018 Brunia White

Source of Grapes:
The Sauvignon Blanc was sourced from a 13 year old vineyard parcel and the Semillon from a 11 year old vineyard both grown on granitic soils. The vineyards are situated in the cool climate region of Sondagskloof on the south coast of South Africa. This is a linear expression of this classic white varietal blend, with an energetic acidity and chiseled structure, possesses great ageing potential.

Date of Harvest:
The Sauvignon Blanc was harvested on the 26th February 2018 and the Semillon on the 5th March 2018

Winemaking:
The cultivars were picked and fermented separately. Whole bunch pressing was employed, and the must was settled overnight. Minimal sulphur is added at crush as to encourage natural fermentation from the indigenous yeast. No further additions are made. At the first sign of fermentation the juice is racked to barrels where it will complete fermentation. Fermentation generally lasts 14 – 18 days after which the barrels are topped up, natural malolactic fermentation is encouraged. Once stable, the wines are topped regularly and aged on the fermentation lees for a further 10 months. The wine is racked and blended in November and then put back to barrel for maturation until bottling. Wines are bottled unfiltered.

Maturation:
Aged for 12 months in French Oak 228L barrels. 25%

Awards & Accolades:
92/100 Tim Atkin


Brunia White Technical Specifications

DATE 2018
Varietals:75% Sauvignon Blanc /25% Semillon
Bottling Date:7th January 2019
Wine of Origin:Sondagskloof
Technical Details at Bottling:
Alcohol13.0%
RS1.9g/l
TA7.9g/l
pH3.02
Showing entries (filtered from total entries)

CONTACT FORM

Please contact us for all enquiries

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Our Contacts

Address:

Cold Mountain farm,
Sandies Glen Road, Stanford,
7210

Phone:

028 341 0432

E-mail:

info@bruniawines.co.za

© Copyright 2020 Brunia Wine Estate - All Rights Reserved - Designed by The Right Media